Friday, November 27, 2009

Cats vs. Dog? Why not both?


In the animal world you'll find people that label themselves as a "cat person" or a "dog person". I always thought I was a "dog person". When I moved into a house, I adopted two dogs: Zoey and Maggie. It never really crossed my mind to adopt a cat.

When I started working at No More Homeless Pets in Utah, I decided to foster two cats named Tomas and Monk. My husband Shane was a bit nervous about our two new visitors. We both were never around cats, so we didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to find that Tomas and Monk were very sweet and lovable. Tomas was adopted pretty quickly and we decided to adopt Monk. Since then, we have adopted three more cats: Lemon, Jemaine and Franny. They are the best; we couldn't imagine our family without them. I am now a cat person and a dog person.

I encourage you to foster or adopt a cat. Remember to leave your cat assumptions at the door. I think people can forget that cats, just like dogs, have all different types of personalities. Find the animal that fits your personality and family. Two of my cats are really social and my other two are a bit shy, but are just as lovable. I encourage you to be open-minded when thinking of our feline friends; you might surprise yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment