Thursday, July 15, 2010

Moving to a new chapter of my life . . .

After ten years feeling so blessed to come to work every day, I am embarking upon a new chapter in my life. My husband and I have been invited to join the Best Friends Animal Society team and will be relocating to Kanab, Utah. I am thrilled to continue working in the No More Homeless Pets movement, and I am excited to take my knowledge of the amazing work that this organization has achieved and use it to help other communities throughout the country save more lives.

I cannot express how deeply I will miss my No More Homeless Pets in Utah family. Since I was a young child, I dreamed of doing precisely what I do today--helping save dogs and cats. And in saving these lives I have been fortunate enough to interact with the most amazing people. Our donors, our volunteers, our board of directors, our staff, our sponsors, our shelter partners and rescue friends have enriched my life so very much. Every time I look at our 10th anniversary logo, I tear up--no kidding. It says "10 Years, Over 100,000 Lives Saved." I cannot thank you all enough for making this happen, and I am so grateful to have made this journey with you all. I am confident that under the new leadership at No More Homeless Pets in Utah the rest of the cats and dogs, kittens and puppies, WILL be saved....and there are many, many more in need. The talent, dedication, and sheer will of this team will surely make it happen--along with your unwavering support, of course.

Kalinda Solbes, current NMHPU executive team member and spay/neuter director, will lead the team as interim executive director. Kalinda has been a major force in supporting the vision and in fulfilling our mission here for the last seven years, and she will be a tremendous leader during this transition. Lydia Beuning, current NMHPU executive team member and administrative director, will be at Kalinda's side. I have worked very closely with these two talented women and know the organization is in good hands.

Thank you for the last ten years, thank you for your support of one of the best organizations ever, thank you for your continued support so that No More Homeless Pets in Utah will soon become a reality.

With love and a firm belief that together we can indeed save them all,

Holly Sizemore
No More Homeless Pets in Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment