Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Meet Kalinda Solbes, Spay and Neuter Director!!!

I am Kalinda Solbes, Spay and Neuter Director for NMPHU. Spay and Neuter is a core value of mine. A must to reach our mission! I have the pleasure to work with some GREAT people. Dr. Tanya Kjesldberg, Dr. Dave Sweeney, Dr. J Manning, Dr. T Kirkland, Carla, Mary, Cami, Lisa, Carissa, Christy and the rest of NMHPU staff and volunteers. I admire the dedication and hard work that goes on everyday.

Spay and neuter is not glamorous. The day starts early, and for the Big Fix staff starts with a drive to a location somewhere in the state of Utah. They are there snow, sleet, rain and shine fixing animals (yes they are broken). I started out on the Big Fix and found it the most physically demanding job that I have ever had and also the most rewarding. The Big Fix is able to reach many communities that have no low cost s/n options. My first year on the Big Fix we fixed over 8,000 dogs and cats. I am very proud to say that I was a part of that life saving work!!! Just imagine how many animals lives were saved because people fixed their pets. Please help spread the word about how important spaying and neutering is!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being here, and all your hard work! http://iputmyrootdown.blogspot.com/2009/06/winner.html

    ReplyDelete