Friday, August 6, 2010

Meet Kalinda Solbes, Interim Executive Director!



I've always known that I wanted to work with animals, and I have been in my dream job for the last 7 years. That's how long it has been my privilege to work for No More Homeless Pets in Utah, working towards our mission of ending the euthanasia of dogs and cats in Utah and to promote humane alternatives for feral cats.

I love spay and neuter, and I believe it's one of the most important keys to reaching our mission. I started out as a veterinary technician on the Big Fix, a challenging job where I worked in a cramped space helping to fix 30 to 80 animals each day. Before I worked there, I never realized what a need there was for low cost spay and neuter services. At the Big Fix, people get in line all year round, rain or shine, and many people admit that if we wouldn't have come to their town, they wouldn't have gotten their pet fixed.

After having a baby, my first non-hairy child, I was fortunate enough to become the office manager at NMHPU, then for the last 5 years, I have been the spay and neuter director. As the spay and neuter director, my greatest accomplishment has been to get the Utah County Spay and Neuter Clinic up and running.

Now I am excited to step into the role of interim executive director and expand my knowledge to all of the programs we are pursuing to fulfill our mission. I would be afraid of this change - except that I know what a great group of staff and volunteers I will be working with. Because of what all you do to support our mission, I know that we will reach our goals.

Thank you for this opportunity to be a part reaching our goal of No More Homeless Pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment